Monday, November 12

MONDAY MOTIVATION: The Soundtrack of My Life - Creating a Playlist to Set the Tone For Your Day


I have a ritual that I do every morning to create positive energy, feed my soul and start my day off GREAT. I really believe that you need to be protective of your space, time and energy. And also that the way you wake up and the things that you do first thing sets the precedent for the day. I wake up and do things like meditate, exercise, walk my dog, listen to motivational videos from John Maxwell, etc. I also listen to music. I have a playlist of songs that speak to my soul and make me want to get up and dance, sing/ rap along and more importantly songs that set me in the right mood to tackle my day.

Here are a few songs from myself and my team that we listen to every morning to inspire us. Feel free to steal a few of these ideas to add to your own motivational playlists.

My picks:



Notorious BIG - "Juicy" I listen to this song every single morning to start me off right!



Jill Scott - "Golden" This woman's voice is like butter. You can find me humming how I'm living my life like it's golden throughout the day.


Eden Hagos' Picks:


Chamillionaire - "This is my world" Make the world yours and claim your space in it!


Travis McCoy ft. Bruno Mars - "Billionaire" Who doesn't want some of that Oprah money?

Safia Bartholomew's Picks:


Goapele - "Closer" Each day make moves to bring you closer to your dreams. Re-read your list of goals to remind you and keep you focused.


Kanye West - "Can't tell me nothing" Wait 'til I get my money right/ then you can't tell me nothing right/excuse me, is you saying something?  Love Kanye! 'Nuff said with that one.


Alright folks, we've shared our picks! What are some of your must-have songs to inspire and motivate you? Meet us in the comment section below and tell us what's on your list. I need more songs for my list!!

HAPPY MONDAY!!










3 comments:

Doina said...

Hey Trey,

Long time admirer of you...and such as yourself I am inspired by music each and every day! Here is my list:

1. Beyonce: I was here (http://youtu.be/i41qWJ6QjPI) and that is because I want to make a difference each day of my life, even if small but significant.

2. Kanye West: Amazing (http://youtu.be/PH4JPgVD2SM) because no matter what I am going through each day, I know that at the end of the day I tried my best and that makes me(and everyone else around me) Amazing

3. Robert Glasper Experiment feat. Erikah Badu - Afro Blue (http://youtu.be/3-0JZlrk4xA) . I was introduced to this by a dear friend who knows how much I love Erikah Badu...very soothing to listen to and to be honest I haven't got the chance to REALLY listen and get the meaning behind the song (as we all know that Erikah has meaning behind every song).

4. Seal - Crazy (http://youtu.be/3-0JZlrk4xA) This song reminds me of the fact that there are people out there that will criticize and although that may stop us from moving forward it is up to us to ignore them ..and being crazy is not such a bad thing after all, especially if we want to fly on this amazing road called life.

You already have two of my songs on your list: Jill Scott - Golden and Travis McCoy ft. Bruno Mars - "Billionaire"

Have a happy Monday!

trey anthony said...

Thank you Doina!! Great recommendations! I'll be sure to check these out and add a few to my playlist. blessings.

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I never thought to listen to music first thing to my day to start me in great mood. It really is a great way to start off your day.